Skip to Content

Other Options for College Credit

Standard Exams

Standard Exams

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

You may receive college credit if you have achieved at least a mean (average) score on any College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exam. Learn more about CLEP testing opportunities from your community college.

Advanced Placement (AP)

Suppose you took college-level courses in high school or gained educational experience from other sources. In that case, you may be able to take an Advanced Placement examination and receive AP credit as long as you earn a score of 3 or higher to receive your degree. Learn more about AP Credit at your community college.

Other standard exams used to evaluate prior learning include DSST (DANTES), NYU Language Exams, Excelsior, and ACT-PEP. Check with your advisor to see if one of these is right for you.